Friday, April 30, 2010

Grateful Dead

So this blog is a history about hippies. Well my blog has been all about hippie! So I really don't know what to write about! I know that sounds a little weird. Hey I know hat to write about! I'll write about Grateful Dead! Grateful Dead was one of the bands That played in Woodstock. I just listened to them on YouTube and they sound all right. I mean that I really wouldn't listen to them all the time, but There okay. Hey don't take my words for it, listen to them yourself. Grateful Dead started in 1965. They began their career as The Warlocks, a group formed in early 1964 from the remnants of a Palo Alto Jug Band called Mother McCree's Uptown Jug Champions.The Grateful Dead formed during the era when bands like the beatles and The rolling stones were dominating the airwaves. "The Beatles were why we turned from a jug band into a rock 'n' roll band," said Bob Weir. "What we saw them doing was impossibly attractive. I couldn't think of anything else more worth doing" Former folk-scene star Bob Dylan had recently put out a couple of records featuring electric instrumentation. Grateful Dead members have said that it was after attending a concert by the touring New york city band The lovin' spoonful  that they decided to "go electric" and look for a dirtier sound.

No comments:

Listen to blogmakers Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones